Wednesday, April 4, 2018

RISEN by Cole Gibsen



Risen (Blood Eternal #1)

The pace was super-fast, which is always a plus for me, and I kept turning pages. But something was missing for me. I liked Charlie well-enough. I liked Sebastian. But the story itself fell a little flat. The dialog was a little too on-the-nose. The characters connections felt sort of rushed. 

There were some really great moments that totally sucked me in, and I read this in a single day, so it definitely wasn't boring. I guess I wanted Charlie to have more agency in her own story. There were a few elements that made the story feel too predictable for me, but overall a good, fast read. 

If you love vampires and action and romance with a sprinkling of blood, then 
this one might be for you. It does end with a bit of a cliffhanger. But I'd definitely give the next book in the series a try.

Rating: ** (2 1/2 stars)

And there's a giveaway:  (Update: the giveaway is over)






About Cole Gibsen: 

Growing up, Cole Gibsen couldn’t decide what she loved more—dogs or books. Rather than choose, she decided to devote her life to both! Dog trainer (wrangler) by day and author by night, she’s the author of more than ten books with more on the way. 
www.colegibsen.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment