Tuesday, June 8, 2021

The Project / Where the Crawdads Sing / One of Us Is Lying

 

The Project by Courtney Summers

My Rating: **** (4.5 stars)

What I thought

Courtney Summers keeps ripping my heart out and I keep letting her.  Why do you have to hurt me like this, Courtney? And also, please never stop. I loved Lo's story.  Everything about this book is dark and raw and I couldn't get enough. 



Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens

My Rating: ***** (5 stars)

What I thought: 

I was hooked from the first page. That first scene... wow! It's so compelling. Kya is a fantastic, complex character. The writing is beautiful. I loved the mystery and the way the timelines were woven together. I can't wait until the movie comes out!!!



One of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus

My Rating: **** (4.5 stars)

What I thought: 

I totally understand how this book has been on so many lists for so long. It's definitely a page-turner. The mystery is very well plotted but the characters steal the show. Excited for the TV series!



_______________________________________________________
RATING SCALE: 
 5* = OMFG loved it. Will read it again. Touch my book and I will cut you. 
 4* = Really good. Highly recommend. Miiiight reread. Maybe. Don't touch my book. 
 3* = Good. I liked it. Go ahead and touch it. 
 2* = Not for me, finished but struggled. Didn't connect. Here, have a book.
 1* = DNF. Couldn't do it.
________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment