Monday, January 5, 2015

My Review of OPERATION CINDERELLA by Hope Tarr

My Review of OPERATION CINDERELLA by Hope Tarr;

First let me say that I haven't read contemporary romance in ages. Many ages. These days I read mostly speculative fiction, but I'm trying to branch out into other areas to see what's out there. I found OPERATION CINDERELLA as a free read when it popped up in my twitter feed. I am very skeptical of free books, but I read the first pages, was pleasantly surprised, and added it to my bookshelf.

With romance comes third person narrative; I knew what I was getting into. I do prefer first person, so I wasn't too shocked when the story had a little more telling (as opposed to showing) than I like. Since I'm used to the extra close perspective that comes with a first person narrative, obviously I'm biased. 

That aside, I really liked the story here. I found the set- up believable and the characters engaging. The left versus right issue was fun, because, really all couples have some areas where they disagree, so their opposing party lines worked as a good obstacle.

Overall, OPERATION CINDERELLA was a fun, fast read. Macie's underlying relationship issues were handled well and the ending was so very satisfying.

I rate this a solid 4 stars and will definitely pick up the next one.  :)

I'm not sure how long it will be free but you can find it at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Amazon has it as a bundle, which I recommend.

Thanks for reading. Comments are welcome.

Have you read it? Did you love it? Hate it? What is your favorite romance novel? Or any genre, really.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment