Thursday, May 3, 2018

THE COLDEST GIRL IN COLDTOWN by Holly Black



The Coldest Girl in Coldtown

Tana lives in a world where walled cities called Coldtowns exist. In them, quarantined monsters and humans mingle in a decadently bloody mix of predator and prey. The only problem is, once you pass through Coldtown's gates, you can never leave.

One morning, after a perfectly ordinary party, Tana wakes up surrounded by corpses. The only other survivors of this massacre are her exasperatingly endearing ex-boyfriend, infected and on the edge, and a mysterious boy burdened with a terrible secret. Shaken and determined, Tana enters a race against the clock to save the three of them the only way she knows how: by going straight to the wicked, opulent heart of Coldtown itself. 

What I thought

So I finished this book, screamed when I realized it's a standalone, and then started reading it again from the beginning. There. That's my review. I mean, really, if I just keep starting over again and again and again, then it won't ever end, right? Right. 

I need more Tana. 

More. 

More. 

More. 
I love this book. So much. And it's obviously broken my ability to form coherent sentences. I didn't find out how amazing Holly Black's writing was until Cruel Prince hooked me with its sneaky pre-order promo. I mean, who can resist a cool enamel pin when it comes with a shiny new book. 

Not me. 

And I kept hearing good things so I dropped everything and read it. See review here (Warning it contains much babbling). And then, then, I read Tithe, Valiant, & Ironside because how could I not. See review here

And now THE COLDEST GIRL IN COLDTOWN has undone me. I'm caught in an endless loop. Someone send help. (Not really, I don't want to be saved... unless unless Holly wants to write me (just me) book 2 and then maybe I'll share.) Mwahahahahahahah. 

Alright I'll stop. 

Just buy this book.  



Rating: ***** (5 stars doesn't feel like enough) 

Happy Reading, 
Chelly

_______________________________________________________
RATING SCALE: 
 5* = OMFG loved it. Will read it again. Touch my book and I will cut you. 
 4* = Really good. Highly recommend. Miiiight reread. Maybe. Don't touch my book. 
 3* = Good. I liked it. Go ahead and touch it. 
 2* = Not for me, finished but struggled. Didn't connect. Here, have a book.
 1* = DNF. Couldn't do it.
________________________________________________________
Click on the cover to link to Goodreads and leave your book recs in my comments. Comments make me smile. :) 
Oh, yeah, and find me on twitter: @ChellyPike

No comments:

Post a Comment